Monday, January 26, 2015

The winter duffle

The Sartorialist 2008
Winter white and elegantly scarved - this is Paris in winter.   Ah, if only winter in my part of the world was this sublime. I was reminded of the tailored beauty of the classic duffle last week spotted on a lovely woman of a certain l'age sporting a navy duffle with a fur trimmed hood.  The coat paired with classic grey trousers reminded me of how sweet it is to see a woman dressed in a manner that is absolutely pristinely classic.  Funny, it's so rare it was striking.  There was no attempt to look anything but lovely - not younger than she was, not exotic, crafty or outrageous. 
As much as I would love to replicate the look, my winter calls for more of a chin to ankle sleeping bag.  Harrumph.




3 comments:

  1. It's so good to see you back !

    ReplyDelete
  2. However you're dressed to stay warm, I'm glad to see you here again! (I do love a duffle coat, although they tend to overwhelm my frame. . . )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Parthenope! So nice of you to visit after all this time!

    Mater: Yes, they overwhelm mine a bit too - especially the puffy kind but sadly, hard to avoid in this climate. Hope all is well with you.

    ReplyDelete